Hurple Hoopla

Sunday, May 07, 2006

ICE RIP

In what should come as sad news to any music fanatic, it seems that ICE Magazine has folded.

So, does anybody out there know of a complete, reliable weekly CD new release email list? I've found quite a few of them, but none anywhere near the completeness, nor accuracy of ICE Magazine's.

Y'see, I want new releases and archival releases, in every genre, every week. Most online email CD release lists are only new releases (with no archival releases) or are only selected genres (like the Americana release list that Miles of Music emails every week.

Any help would be appreciated.

2 Comments:

  • You absolutely sure about this? I use Ice too often for that to be true. You know, I need it.

    If you find a worthy replacement, let me know.

    By Blogger chez bez, at 11:01 PM  

  • Twas easy, really. The Billboard website has a list. ALthough, I'm not sure it's as accurate as ICE was. They have Richard Thompson's "1000 Years of Popular Music" (GREAT set BTW, I got a shorter version from Flypaper, his fan club, a few years ago) listed as being released TODAY, but all the online stores have it listed as late June.

    By Blogger Hurple, at 7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home