Hurple Hoopla

Sunday, March 19, 2006

New Arrival



Well, the new Scott Miller CD, Citation (an autographed copy, by the way) arrived in my mailbox this morning. I listened to it while driving to Champaign IL this afternoon. Scott Miller is probably my very favorite current recording artist. Once I have time to give it a few more spins and gather my thoughts, I'll post a review, probably combined with the "artist profile" I've been planning to write about him since I typed in the one about the V-Roys. My first thoughts are that it takes 3 or 4 songs before it really starts to sound like a Scott Miller album, and the whole thing seems a bit too "smooth." It also hit me that if any one member of his band will have a life-long career as a session guy, it'll be his drummer, Shawn McWilliams, the guy can certainly pound those skins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home