Hurple Hoopla

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Chris Whitley - Reiter In


I have no excuse. There is none that could possibly be valid. I just heard, for the first time, Chris Whitley's "Reiter In" album.

Now, all I can say in my defense is that his usual output is so eclectic that the listener never knows what to expect when purchasing one of Whitley's albums, and, since money is always tight, I want to hear his work before purchase, so I can know if I'd enjoy it. And, I don't know what it's like where you might live, but around here Chris Whitley gets about as much radio airplay as the old Bloom County Billy & The Boingers flexi-disc... That is to say, none. So, I'm just now getting around to finding a way to hear the album.

I should have known better. So far, I have not heard one of his albums that I have not enjoyed, and "Reiter In" is definitely no exception. In fact, this might have pushed "Rocket House" out of the #2 favorite spot for his albums, with me.

Want to know a little more about what this collection sounds like? Think a grunged up "Living With the Law" and then throw some jazzy rhythms in the mix.

Now, if someone could throw a copy of "Weeds" my way...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home