Hurple Hoopla

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

I Like Peerflix

Taking the model of Netflix one step further, Peerflix users actually exchange discs they don't want for ones they do. It works like this, you go through your owned DVD collection and pick titles to list on the Peerflix website. Then, other users, around the country look at the site and see all the titles available from all the other users. If they pick one of your titles, you receive an email asking you to drop it in the mail, using labels printed from the website. If you find some you like, the owner of that title gets an email and drops it in the mail to you. Each time you receive a title, it does cost 99 cents, but that seems a decent price to pay to get the good stuff.

So far, I've used the site to get rid of 6 or 7 titles that I wound up with that I'll never watch again and in return have received the 1st seasons of Night Gallery and Kolchak and the 2-disc special edition set of Glory. 99 cents for the 3-disc Night Gallery makes me a happy boy.

SO, check it out sometime, here, and, if you like it, send me an email and I'll invite you to my Peerflix friends list. Or, if you're already a member, feel free to send me an invite to your friends list. Why? Because friends get to exchange titles without incurring a 99 cent fee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home