Hurple Hoopla

Monday, October 24, 2005

Racism

Some people make me sick.

A few weeks ago I stopped into a Popeye's Chicken in Bloomington, IL for lunch. I arrived a bit before the lunch crowd, so the only people in the building were myself, a black man and his two daughters, and a big, fat white man.

We all had our food and were enjoying our meals... at different tables. Then the white guy finished his meal and got up with the tray. Before walking to the trash, he stopped, "That's some good food, ain't it?" he yelled across the dining room to the African American patrons, "If they served watermelon with this, it'd be just like back down on the plantation, wouldn't it?"

Thankfully, the idiot left after that and let the decent humans in the establishment enjoy the remainder of our meals.

2 Comments:

  • Are you serious? Well, at least we knew where he stood. It's the bigots who don't reveal themselves who worry me.

    I'll send you a link to a similar story with a great ending in a few.

    By Blogger chez bez, at 11:13 AM  

  • I'm sure the fat, white guy drove home to his trailer, put on his Pamela and Tommy Lee videos and had himself a grand ol' time.

    He doesn't realize that racism went out of fashion decades ago.

    By Blogger Brian, at 9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home